VALENCIA MATHEMATICS CLUB
The Valencia Mathematics Club was established for three reasons:
- To help remove “Math Phobia” – the fear of mathematics which majority of students tend to generally have, and to make them se that mathematics is a subject which can be understood and enjoyed.
- To help students learn steps towards developing conceptual and manipulative skills in Mathematics.
- To encourage and prepare potential Mathematicians, Engineers, and Scientists through:
- Interactive play methods i.e. the use of Mathematics games and models.
- Regular quiz, lectures and seminars; with students themselves as major participants.
- Personality appreciation i.e. discussions and talks about early and pioneer mathematicians and scientists – their early lives and impact made in the world of Mathematics.